Monday, June 25, 2012

Murphy- Tibetan Terrier by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess


Murphy©2012 C.L.Burgess oil on raymar panel 6x8       #3

What fun it has been since I began blogging in 2006! I have met such marvelous souls. Creative and generous people abound in this cyber world. What an antidote to the daily news. I have had my travels broadened, bringing with it new faces and personalities. Community. Uplifting to the spirit.

Meet Murphy.

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Murphy, a Dhoki Apso aka Tibetan Terrier and her owner Kevin, while surfing the web reading abouts dogs, missing Madden, my studio bud.
I came upon a site called Coffee with a Canine which interviews people featured with their dogs. Many are writers but other professionals are included. But basically, it is a blog about dogs for dog lovers. The link above is to Murphy's story. Take a peek.
Kevin is an generous person who writes an informative and humorous blog about gardening, called the Nitty Gritty Dirt Man. Clever title, eh? Another required visit. You'll get hooked, I promise.

I told Kevin about my need for doggie reference photos for my show in July and finding his Murphy. I fell in love with Murphy immediately. Who couldn't? I needed to paint that face! Kevin kindly gave me permission and voila! Here she is.
I painted her alla prima, in front of people wandering through the shop at which I buy my frames. Many oohs and aahs were heard as the fluffy creature came to life on my panel.

Murphy's portrait will be on view at the Dorchester Fine Arts Center, Dorchester MD for the month of July.
Part of the proceeds of the sale of my artwork will benefit the center and the local humane society.

Thanks a million, Murphy and Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment