Thursday, March 18, 2021

“Petunia” by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

 Petunia







Wow...I never knew hand sculpting was so difficult...until I decided to take on this project!  But I'm pretty smitten with her.  Meet Petunia!  She is hand-sculpted and hand-painted from clay.  

Petunia will be part of an online event taking place next week on FB.  I'm so excited to share the Facebook group that I belong to, called The Creative Kind. We are a group of artists from all over the country that met online through mutual admiration of each other's work. Our mission is to use our artwork for good and to spread kindness — to “pay it forward.” Every month, we do an online event, offering our work for sale. Twenty percent of every sale goes to a pre-determined charitable organization. Since our group started in July, 2018, we've donated $18,936.93! This group of women are amazing artists but more than that, truly have the biggest hearts and so much compassion. Even though we've never met in person, there is connection and community among us.

You can find Petunia and our Creative Kind group here.  I hope you will stop by and join us!


No comments:

Post a Comment